Smartfood® Rainbow Popcorn
6 to 8
This colorful eye-catching popcorn is perfect for birthdays and festive celebrations. Total Time: 35 minutes (+ 15 minutes standing time)
- 1 Bag Smartfood® White Cheddar Popcorn
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp light corn syrup, divided: Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple gel food coloring
How to make it:
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Divide Smartfood® White Cheddar Popcorn evenly into 6 large bowls.
- 3. In small microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp corn syrup, 1 tsp water and 2 to 3 drops red food coloring until blended. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until sugar has melted. Pour syrup into 1 bowl of popcorn and toss to coat.
- 4. Prepare five more colors of syrup using the same method.
- 5. Spread colored popcorn out on baking sheets, keeping colors separate.
- 6. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until sugar mixture is set. Let cool completely.
- 7. To serve, toss all colored popcorns together in a large bowl, or layer different colors in a glass bowl or trifle dish to resemble the layers of a rainbow.
- 8. Tips: Drizzle with melted white chocolate for a creamy twist!