Snowman Popcorn Balls
These adorable Snowman Popcorn Balls are easy no-bake treats that are lots of fun for the kids to decorate during the holidays.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 5 cups (1.25 L) mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 bag (7 oz/198.4 g) Smartfood® White Cheddar Popcorn
- 12 mini candy canes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white icing
- 24 mini candy eyes
- 12 orange jelly beans
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mini chocolate chips
How to make it:
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan set over medium-low heat; stir in marshmallows for 3 to 5 minutes or until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Remove from heat.
- 2. Immediately stir in SMARTFOOD® WHITE CHEDDAR POPCORN until coated. Let stand for about 5 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- 3. Using about 3/4 cup (175 mL) portions, shape into 12 balls using lightly greased hands. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Poke candy cane into top of each popcorn ball to resemble ornament hook.
- 4. Transfer icing to resealable plastic bag; cut off bottom corner. Using icing as glue, decorate each popcorn ball with candy eyes and jelly bean as a nose. Arrange mini chocolate chips for the mouth. Let stand for about 15 minutes or until set.
- 5. Tip: Substitute orange candy-coated licorice pieces or orange jujubes for orange jelly beans if desired.